May 29, 2008

High School Graduation


Last night was Borah High's high school graduation. My cousin Kevin was graduating and we thought it would be good to go out and support him. My sister Rachel, my grandmother and I piled into my car and headed down to the Taco Bell Arena for the big event. I can't believe it has been almost 11 years since I was there on that same floor awaiting my diploma. It brang back a lot to memories for me. Those were the good ole days indeed. I was suprised on how short it was. That was a good thing because those things can go on and on. All you are there for is to see friend/family graduate and then go. I think my cousin Kevin was really surprised that we were there. I am glad that we got to go. Afterwards we all went to the WestSide Drive-In for some food. We were all starving and it smelled so good. I ordered a small cheeseburger and look what I got...

It was so huge. Only sad thing was was that I ate the whole stinkin thing, plus tator tots and an Oreo shake also. I was really hungry. Every now and then I will get these huge cravings for food like that. We went with my cousin Chris, his wife Karen, and my Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Michael.It was so nice to get out and feel like myself again for awhile. I was able to leave my kids at home with Lance and enjoy an evening out with just the family. It was so much fun. Thanks to everyone who made it so much fun. I love you all! Thanks Melander's for the fun evening. Kevin, Congratulations!!!!! You did it! We are all so proud of you. Now you are officially an adult. Welcome to the real world.


1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

I am glad that we went. I had lots of fun with you. Lets do it again sometime soon. Thanks for being a great big sister!