May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


For Memorial Day weekend we just hung out around our home. We didn't plan anything this year because we just wanted to stay home and be together as a family. Saturday we helped lay sod at my grandmother's house. We went to to different BBQ's and then went to bed early. It was so nice. Adam and Annie (Lance's cousin and family that just moved to Star from Provo)invited us over for a BBQ. Thanks Spiels for having us over. On our way home we passed Doug Attwood(the second counsler in our bishopric)and he called us up on Lance's cell and had invited us over for another BBQ. We went and spent time with them. Also another great family. Thanks for the fun evening. It was so nice to be with you all.
Sunday was pretty low key. I went to a fireside that night with our youth. I love my calling with the Miamaids. We are really small in number (about 4) but we have so much fun. What a great opportunity to serve with all the leaders that I get to associate with. They are so much fun.
Monday we spent with my family. It was a beautiful day. The weather was great and the kids got to run and play outside all day. Lance went golfing with my dad and some other family members and that took about all day long, so it kind of felt like another day. My cousins, aunts and uncles came over later in the evening for a BBQ also. I don't know what it is about Memorial day and BBQ's but I think after this weekend we are all BBQed out! Here are some fun pictures of our weekend. We hope you had a great one too





1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Would you please email me the pics from yesterday or just bring me the camera so i can download them! Cute blog entry. It was fun hanging out with you yesterday! I think you forgot to put the funniest story in there though about the plastic easter eggs in grandmas oven. We were all laughing so hard...except grandma! Oh well, still funny!