August 16, 2008

Eagle Island Park, a.k.a Poo Lake

Today we went to Eagle Island State Park with Lance's cousin Adam, wife and kids. Eagle Island State Park is supposedly suppose to be a water park, that's what it is, but we call it poo lake. It hasn't changed since I can remember. It is a small "beach" that is pretty much river water. The water was all yellow and probably mosquitos that were carrying West Nile were buzzing around looking for prey. Yep, we were there. It is about 10 minutes from our home nestled up against the Boise River. There is a little sandy beach and lots of play ground equipment and a water slide. I couldn't believe how many people actually go there. There were tons of people there having BBQ's and just swimming.
I have never been one to go jump in a lake and start swimming. Something about that just turns me off. My kids thought it was ok. We stayed up on shore mostly building sand castles. We had a great lunch and by 1 p.m. my kids started to get crabby. They do when they don't go down right at noon for their naps. Plus it was way to hot outside today. We were in the sun and my kids looked beat.
Keaton has been feeling alittle icky today. With a temperature of 100.1, never any fun. Probably because we let him get into poo lake. I hope that it goes because I hate to see my kids sick.
This was the only picture that I took the whole time we were there
Today we also moved Andrew's bed into Keaton's room. They are going to be roommates now. Keaton was always telling us every night when he went to bed, "I'm too lonely! I want Andrew to sleep in my room." So that is what we did. The boys were so excited about it too. Just cross your fingers that they will learn to sleep together. Hopefully this will make traveling alittle bit better at night time. They haven't really slept well when they are in the same room, so this will force them to learn. I will post pictures tomorrow of their cute little room.

2 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

Poo Lake, huh? Sounds fun! But let's NOT go there when Eldon and I come to visit.:)
I LOVE that the boys actually want to sleep in the same room...that's darling. Good luck with that!!

Brittany said...

That is cute that they want to sleep together. That was NEVER the case in my house growing up!!