August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Camille!

I was able to get away this weekend and go to Arizona for my sister-in-law's 18th birthday. Camille's ideal birthday party was to have all of her sisters and sisters-in-law all together for a weekend retreat. I went and it was such a blast. We had such a great time. It was so much fun to be with all 7 of them. I met up with Sharlene, Rashelle and Lesa in the Salt Lake Airport and we all flew down to Phoenix together. We had such a fun visit.

When we got there my mother-in-law was running and screaming for us. We all started running towards her. I am sure everyone was wondering what was going on. So we stopped to take a picture and here we all are.
We all loaded up into Shauna's 15 passenger van and headed to Scottsdale. Our first stop was to the Olive Garden because were were all starving. We scarfed down all the soup and salad with breadsticks that we could handle until we couldn't eat anymore. Then we went to Last Chance. It is a used outlet store from Nordstroms. My mother-in-law prepared party bags for everyone. That was the first since I was in elementary school. It was so much fun! Thanks mom!!! Inside the bag was a $10 dollar bill for each of us and we couldn't leave the store until we found something. I think we honestly spent 2 hours in the store rampaging racks and trying everything on. Everyone besides Camille, and I found something. Oh well!
Then after that we headed to the Hilton in Scottsdale. We were so excited. It was so beautiful. We got connecting rooms and just had a party. It was non-stop until 3 the next morning.
We all got in our swimsuits and headed out to the lazy river. I forgot that people can still go swimming at 9 at night because that place is so hot. It was a great place. We hung out in the pool until we were told to leave because a monsoon was coming. The thunder and lighting was amazing. I really miss that part about Arizona.
Then we headed back for ice cream and cake and just hung out.
all of us eating our ice cream, we love Ben and Jerry's!

Then all the girls decided to call it quits at 10:30 and so Lesa, Jaclyn and I headed to our room and we stayed in bed and talked until 3 the next morning. We laughed hard, got to know each other and told the funniest stories. Thanks girls that was so much fun!!!!
Then to end the day we went to Houston's for lunch. This was a fancyplace. Lance's cousin Monica's husband Matt, if you could understand that was our watier. He was such a gracious one too. He is starting Dental school and this is his part-time job. The food was soooo good!
Then we went back to my in-laws home to be with the rest of the family. The boys weren't allowed so we went back to be with them. Some of the sisters had to fly back that night so we hung out and played around. Sharlene wrote an amazing song for Camille on the piano that put us all to tears. It was really sweet!
I went to Grandma and Grandpa Ray's to watch the BYU football game. The are the biggest fans I know, especially grandpa. He is a faithful fan.
I stayed unitl Sunday afternoon. It was so nice be to able to spend time with them. There was so much more that I did that I could write forever about but I won't. I will just post pictures and explain them. Here are some of the other things I did......
A visit with our good friends the Asburry's. The are the greatest!

Bree holding on to Grandma's nose while falling asleep

Eating at Houston's- Matt(in black) was our waiter

This was our very first home in Mesa. I was so happy to see that they still keep it up

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Your house looks great still. Just wondering if you ever spent your ten bucks? Its so nice to have inlaws that you really like huh? I am glad you are back