August 19, 2008

Western Idaho Fair


Every year the Western Idaho Fair comes to town. Every year I tell myself that I am not going because 1- it is too expensive and 2- there are nothing but freaks there. So we went! We went last year with my family on a Monday which they always label "Family night." But really it is family day and when 5 o'clock rolls around the deal is cheaper prices are done with.
We loaded up and headed down with our family. My sister and her husband Jason came along with us. My Uncle Jim brought his boys too but we didn't see them much because they wanted to go on the rides for older kids.
When we got there Keaton was just so thrilled with all the lights and action that was before his little eye balls. He wanted to go on every ride. Little did he know that there were only 2 rides that we could actually go on because of his size. So we went on a plane ride to start the night off. Andrew came along. I think they really liked that. Only horrible thing about a 2 minute ride was the price. $16 dollars it cose the three of us to ride that ridiculous ride but they sure LOVED it!
Next we headed to the petting zoo. There were tons of pigs, sheep and also may I mention a milking cow for kids to try out. My boys wanted nothing to do with that and I was ok with that. They didn't like to pet them but just liked watching them from a distance.
Lance with the boys petting the animals
the boys taking a peek

all the kids in the petting zoo
Then they found a video arcade game that was just out in the middle of nowhere. A car game and I think they played on that for a good half hour.
We walked around quite abit to see the sights and sounds of the fair. I remember as a little child going there and thinking that it was the just greatest place on earth and now that I am older, it wasn't really that good. I know realize that money my parents forked out for us to have a fun time and then they would entrust our lives with the carnies that work the rides. They are so gross. They are either drunk, or almost drunk. The worst mullets can be found wondering around and all the cute little hispanic babies that are just soooo cute!
Overall we had a good time. When 9 p.m. rolled around our boys were ready to go home.
Andrew as a farmer, this was too cute to pass up
The boys just loved being in the tractor- John Deere Boys

there was this stand you could put your face up to and it was so cute, I couldn't resist
Farmer Keaton, isn't he sooo cute?

My sister Rachel as a sheep

No comments: