September 14, 2008

High School Tag

I have been tagged my one of my most favorite sisters-in-law Jaclyn all about my high schoo years. Are you ready? Here we go....

Your High School's full name: Meridian High School and Eagle High School.

High School colors: Meridian High - Navy blue and yellow. Eagle High - Forrest green and silver.

School Mascot: Meridian - Warriors / Eagle - Mustangs

Did you date anyone from your school? I never had a boyfriend in high school. Just a ton of guy friends that I went to high school dances with. I had the greatest group of friends.

What kind of car did you drive? I wasn't really ever allowed to drive to school. But if I was lucky I got to drive my dad's 1995 toyota truck. I still remember it. I thought it was the coolest and it was black with red and white strips. My best friend had the same truck but her's was black with gray stripes. Remember that one Suzanne? Practicing driving in your drive way. All the jerking around?

It's friday night, where are you? I was usually at the football games. Being on the Student body coucil we were in charge of the whole thing. If there wasn't a football game, then I was with Suzanne or Tami and all the boys.

Were you a party animal? I am not sure if I would have considered myself a party animal but I sure liked to have fun, and fun is what I did have. It was good, clean fun.

Were you considered a flirt? Heck no!

Were you in band, orchestra or any other group? Never did the music thing. That was considered the "uncool" thing. I was Secretary of our Student Body.

Were you in any clubs? No clubbing here

Can you still sing the fight song? I don't remember them! I am that old.

Who were your favorite teachers? I don't remember having favorite teachers. I know I had some really whacked out teachers. For instance, my senior year, I had a debate class with Mrs. Blankenship. She was so strange. She had pet rocks. I kid you not. Someone, one day stole them and she put up a reward sign with $ prize if anyone had info. about them. Are teachers like this allowed to teach? Then also my senior year I had a senior foods class. Mrs. Anderson was her name. She was really never mentally there. Most days she would pull her skirt up to her knees and show us her vericous veins and teach us not to cross our legs in order to prevent them. What a strange year that was.

Where did you sit during lunch? Where ever my friends were. Usually we were in the cafeteria or the seminary building, but that was hardly ever. I just remember I would try to sit where Karl Pedersen was.

Who did you go to homecoming with? This is a tough one, here we go. My junior year I turned 16 yrs. old. I didn't want to go but my dear cousin Becky told his guy Aaron that she would pay him to take me. So he asked me. I went. We never danced and I think I was much taller then him, which is a huge no no in my book. My junior year I went with a boy named ? I can't remember. My senior year, I went with Keith McCauley. He was such a fun guy. We were both nominees for homecoming king and queen.

Who did you go to Prom with? Junior year, I don't remember, but my senior year I went with Keith McCauley again.

If you could go back and re-due high school, would you? No never

What do you remember about Graduation? I remember I spent the night at my friend Suzanne's house. We woke up early that morning and went and picked up Karl Pedersen and headed down to BSU for practice. Afterwards we went to the mall to find a dress to wear that night and we also decided to double pierce our ears. We did it together and we also found dresses. That night I don't remember too much about the whole graduation because those are so incredibly boring, but afterwards we had tons of pictures and then we headed over to the BSU Sub for our party. I remember there was all you can eat food, bowling, pool, dancing and there was also a hypnotist. That show was so darn funny. My good friend Justin was hypnotised and it lasted for the whole show. Everytime someone said something he would scream. He felt pretty embarrased afterwards. Then about 2-3 a.m. we went back to Suzanne's house and crashed.

Do you plan on going to your 10 yr. reunion? I went. It was interesting. I graduated 11 years ago. I am that old.

I tag, Rachel, Shelli, and anyone else who is reading this.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I remember Mrs. Anderson! I had her for senior foods & child development the same semester so I got a daily double dose of her insanity & I still to this day can't cross my legs for long before she starts creeping into my thoughts!

emilyaaa said...

Melissa--the problem with your blog being private is that it doesn't come up on my Reader and so i'm never in on the know--CONGRATULATIONS!! I"m so happy for you guys! 3 kids is crazy, but totally doable...most of the time! You already always have such a positive attitude, i'm sure you'll just LOVE it :) I love your blog, and just need to set little reminders for myself to check all you peeps with private blogs!!

also, if Andrew does have wheat allergies, i have a few good wheat free recipes--my brother avoids gluten, too, so i've learned a bit about rice flour over the years :)

Good luck!

Suzanne said...

I haven't been on your blog for a while because of crazy stuff around here. But man was it fun to visit and think back to all that stuff. You have one amazing memory. I don't think I could recall have that stuff. On the party animal thing I had to laugh because I agree we were not party animals but we did do some crazy things. One of my favorite was when you'd ask me to pull over so you could as someone on their bike if they were names Sam, or Mike, or some random name. Do you remember watching Davey get pulled around behind the motorcycle with the rope and stick. Or Spencer trying to stick a whole apple in his mouth only to get is stuck and Nick having to cut it out with his knife he always carried. We were crazy! Thanks for the fun laughs. I am glad things are going so well for you. Something up with my blog so I've had a little trouble keeping up on my posts. I don't know if you know are not but we are expecting as well. I am going on 17 weeks, our last ultra sound showed signs of it being a boy. I get another one in a week to hopefully confirm that. Anyway, I'll have to do better at taking time to catch up peoples lives. Love ya kid, Suz