December 7, 2008

Dear Sweet Boys

Dear Keaton and Andrew-
Momma loves you so much, but please got to sleep and in your own bed. I am starting to feel uncomfortable at night and it doesn't help when I finally doze off to sleep around midnight and then Keaton you so kindly start crying at the top of the stairs for someone to come to your rescue. What happened? You used to sleep all night long and now you are waking up a couple of times each night. It's either something that you think that hurts, potty breaks, or just someone to lay with, but it is wearing me out. I am so tired of it! I just want to sleep. We made your own little bed at the foot of our bed, just go there and don't wake me up please! Momma loves you!
Andrew, may I suggest getting used to your own bed at night. When we tuck you into bed each night you so calmly lay there and put yourself to sleep but come midnight, righ along with your brother you have to scream until your dad or I have to come and get you. Then my dear sweet boy, I don't understand how you fall asleep half way down the stairs and once we lay you in the middle of our bed you are out like a light. What is going on in that little mind of yours? You are so sweet and if I could sleep all night without you kicking my back, or laying your face right next to mine while you are sleeping or so kindly lay sideways as to take up all the space in our bed. I have to wake up multiple times to re-arrange our sleeping habits. You, like your older brother used to sleep all night too in your own bed without any noise. I loved it! I had never slept so much in my life it was awesome. What happened?
Now with momma feeling big and not able to sleep well at night I need my sleep and my space. So please, don't wake me up. I am storing all my energy for your baby brother who is soon to come.
So please understand that I love you both very much, but PLEASE!PLEASE! GO TO SLEEP!!!

Love,

Mom

7 comments:

heatherann said...

I love it! I think I gave Alaina the same talk. By the way she had an ear and sinus infection, hence the screaming all though the night. She is much better now! Good luck to you and the boys!

Jaclyn said...

Oh, isn't that the truth?! Every time Bree ends up sleeping in our bed somehow she sleeps like a brick even though she spends the whole night kicking me, hitting me in the face, or sticking her fingers up my nose. Or she lays sideways across the bed... or takes up all the room on the pillow... she may sleep all night, but I'm up all night!! Oh Melissa, we're pulling for you and your boys... We love you guys!

Brittany said...

That is crazy that they went from sleeping just fine to waking up so often! I am so sorry! I hope it gets better for you!

Kelly and Brittany said...

Emily is doing the same thing! I don't understand it either.If you figure it out let me know. Hope all is well with you, I miss you!

laneyfamily said...

Ohh Melissa I am so sorry. Hopefully they will start sleeping throught the night again- just put a lock on the outside of their door. Just kidding. I would love to watch your boys anyday if you need to catch up on some sleep- just let me know. I love you.

emilyaaa said...

Grace went through a "i wanna sleep with mom and dad" phase, too. it just about did me in, and that was with just ONE child waking me up- good luck battling TWO midnight-wakers!!!

Shelli Snyder said...

Oh, Melissa ... I can only imagine what being this miserable and sleep deprived will be like when the one inside me isn't the only one I have to mommy during the night. You have my appreciation and respect! :)