December 11, 2008

Small update

I feel alittle disoriented because I have not been posting much and I have been really busy trying to get everything ready for Christmas and ready before the 18th. We fly out to Arizona on the 18th to see my in-laws for Christmas. Also my brother-n-law gets from from his mission on the 19th so we will make it just in time to see him get home. We also decided to spend Christmas with the Snyders since it has been a few years. It should be fun and I am looking forward to seeing all of them. So here is what we have been up to:

Keaton: He has been anxiously been waiting for Santa Claus. He has been asking me when Santa is going to come and every night we have to tell the story of how Santa delivers all the presents on Christmas eve. He is also very aware that Santa likes to eat cookies and milk so he has been awaiting our cookie making day. He has been getting up several times a night. I swear it is worse than having a newborn in the house. I am desperatly trying anything to help him get back to sleep. Any suggestions? I hear that some aromatherapy will do the trick. Any one have any insight on that? He is still enjoying pre-school. He loves being with his friends and learning new things. I swear he is 3 going on 20. He is too smart for his own good. But we love him and he keeps us on our toes. We are so thankful that he is in our family.

Andrew: He just wants to be with Keaton. Even if that means getting beat on. He is a faithful brother to him and I love him for that. He is sleeping better than Keaton as long as he is in our bed. But lately he has been staying in his own bed until 3-4 in the morning. So I shouldn't complain but after the Holidays are over they are going to have to scream it out. We can't do it any longer. Andrew has no idea who Santa is yet. All he knows is that it must be exciting because Keaton is excited about it. They love listening to Christmas music when we are in the car or the house.
Andrew loves to watch the Incredibles. He loves baseball and football and most of all he LOVES to eat. He is always so hungry and it is hard to keep our cupboards full enough to support his eating habits. He has been coughing quite abit. He sometimes has a harder time getting over colds more than other because of the RSV that he had. It draws it out just alittle longer than needed but he is on the mend. He is still a cuddler and I love that. I miss that about having a little baby around the house. They grow up so fast and become too independent but thankfully Andrew still needs me for a lot of things. He will be turning two on Dec. 22nd. It is hard to believe my baby is turning two. We love you Andrew!

Lance: Lance has been really busy trying to hold down the fort working two jobs. Well three actually. He is working really hard and I love and admire him for that. We have been very blessed to be where we are now in life. Not many people can say that right now. He works hard to provide for us. He is also pretty busy as the Ward Executive Secretary. He loves being with our bishopric. They are great men and they have become pretty good friends. We love our ward! Lance loves playing with our boys. They know when the garage door opens it is play time. They have fun wrestling, playing football and just helping dad with any work project there is going on.

Me: Tiredness is setting in. I am about 22 weeks along and I haven't been feeling the baby too much. I feel small flutters every now and then but it will be coming soon. I haven't been able to feel my babies move until I am further along in the pregnancy. We are having another boy. I have been feeling alittle overwhelmed with this, but we have no choice and we just go forward with faith. I keep telling myself that it gets easier and easier the more kids you have but I am not so sure. Check in with me after the baby comes and I can confirm it or not.
I am staying really busy with the Young Women. I love it! It has been one of the funnest callings I have ever had. I work with some amazing women and the girls are just so much fun. It makes me feel young again sometimes. I am still in the Presidency and loving that.
I am staying pretty busy trying to get everything ready for Christmas by the 18th. We leave to go out of town so there is a rush to get it done early. I love being a stay at home mom, although sometimes I wish I could get out and communicate with older people. It would help me to feel useful I guess. But I am happy to be where I am. I just need to take breaks every now and then but that should be normal right?

Well there you have it. Not much is going on. We are just trying to survive the holiday season. We have a ward christmas party coming up this weekend and the boys are excited to see Santa there. Check in later for pictures.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

we are so excited for you guys to come down here! I'm just sad we'll only see you for a day before we leave!! But we'll take what we can get, right? :) Take a deep breath; everything will be alright! :)Sure love you!

Harris Family said...

Oh no, I didn't realize that once they start sleeping through the night it doesn't always stay that way. Not fun! Sounds like you guys are having a good time with Christmas though. That's cute that the boys are so excited. Have fun on your trip!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww have fun in AZ! I wish I could help you get ready.

laneyfamily said...

I hope you have a fun trip to Arizona- hey it will be warmer huh? Let me know if I can ever watch the boys to give you break! Love you, thanks for the pictures the other day, they were fun!!