July 18, 2009

The Pirate Party

We had an offical birthday party with all of Keaton's friends today. Keaton was anticiapting this the whole week and it was finally here. We went with a pirate theme for his party. We had so much fun decorating and getting it ready. Everyone showed up. We had a bbq and then all the kids played in the water. It was a blasted hot day and the water was just the perfect thing to cool us off.
Everyone showed up around 4 and after awhile we were all itching to go swimming in the pool so that is where we ended the evening at. The water was perfect and the kids/adults had a great time.
All the kids got pirate swords, hates and eye patches. They LOVED them! They were all so cute too.

Keaton turned 4 on Wednseday. He asked me then when he was going to turn 5. I told him the next time you celebrate your birthay you will celebrate your birthday you will turn 5. Well apparently today he turned 5. He said to me, "Mom, you said when I celebrate my next birthday I will turn 5, and today I am having another birhtday. So I must be 5. Look at me! I look like a five year old!" I couldn't help but laugh. I tried to explain to him that he will be 5 next year, but he doesn't get it. So if you ask Keaton how old he is, he will tell you he is 5 years old. Aren't they so sweet!
Here are some fun pictures from our party. Thanks everyone for coming and making it such a special day for Keaton!
My sweet niece Ava was caught singing the song Smoke on the Water. Isn't she so cute!

Keaton got some floaty and goggles for his birthday and today we put them to use. He mentioned that he looked like one of the superhero's on The Incredibles.



1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a cute little 5 year old!! Haha. Cute pirate party. I love the treasure chest! It looks like fun.