August 2, 2009

A peaceful Sunday

Today was just peaceful. I am not sure why. We did what we normally do every sunday. Wake up really early, get ready for church and then all of our after sunday activities. We usually have Sunday dinner with my family every week but this week we kind of wanted to do our own thing. We invited Chad and Ginger Walker(our cousins in our ward) to come over for lunch. They are an amazing couple with two cute little boys about the same age as our boys and they just found out that they are expecting another boy, like us! So we have a lot in common.
I was in the mood to cook today too. We had roast and potatoes, jello, fruit, rolls, and I even attempted to make Zuchini bread for the very first time since we have so much of it. It was pretty good too. My boys ate almost a whole loaf just by themselves. We also took a loaf down to our new neighbors and invited them over for FHE tomorrow night. For dessert I made an apple pie. We ate that like there was no tomorrow. It was pretty good too! Lance told me that if keeping me home every Sunday would produce this we should stay home every Sunday. No such luck! It was one of those days where I was in the mood to cook.
In our lesson today in Relief Society, our Relief Society President gave the lesson on Elder Bednar's lesson - Things as the really are. Have you ever read it? I suggest you do. I was a powerful lesson. She explained to us a lot of the new websites that members are having a hard time with and are getting too involved in. Half of them I had never heard of. Now I know that if my kids get near a computer they are not to mess around on it. I think PBS kids will be safe for now. I came away completely shocked at how bad the world is becoming. I get alittle nervous for my kids but I know that they will be alright. I just want to keep them inside and never expose them to the world that is waiting for them outside these walls. What a responsibility we have as parents to our little ones.
Now, everyone is gone, the dishes are done and everyone but Lance and I are asleep. Sundays are kind of hectic around here, but today was nice. I LOVE the free time. I feel peaceful. It has been a peaceful and enjoyable day.

2 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

You deserved a day like this, Melissa. :)

Jaclyn said...

I loved Elder Bednar's talk! Lee and I read it twice for family home evening. And you're right, it's a scary world out there awaiting our children. But that's why our little ones have such strong personalities- they need to in order to overcome the world! I'm glad your day was so good. We sure love you!