October 12, 2009

What have we been up to?

What have we been up to? Many of you have asked and I haven't posted for a awhile so here is what we have been UP to. Not a whole lot. We have been indoors due to the chilly weather we are having. It has been really cold and my kids noses are starting to run. Oils where are you? My children still think they can run outside and down the street a few houses to their friends home without shoes, socks, hats and coats. Summertime was so easy that way. But now, we have to really bundle up to go anywhere.
The holidays are approaching and I have been in thought mode as to what we can do to for our Christmas gifts this year. Lance's family draws names since there are so many of them it would be impossible to buy something for everyone, although I would love to. We have his brother John and his new bride Carrie this year. What do you get a young couple that would really be neat for Christmas? I am open to ideas here.
We are trying to avoid the NIHI virus that is floating from house to house here. Seems like a third of our ward has already been exposed. I get a little nervouse with these kinds of viruses because of all the young ones I have in my home. So we are taking extra precaution on making sure everything is clean and that we use good hygenine as far as sneezing, covering our mouth and washing our hands when needs be. I am in the process of looking for a diffuser if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on one.
I have been using my Essential Oils more. Everyone that steps into our home will ask me "What is that smell? I love it! So I have been introducing it to everyone up here. I love them and some will say they are silly but I am a firm believer and my children have not been in to see a doctor in over a year. I am loving them!
My children are growing more and more.
Andrew is talking so much. Everyday he amazes me with some of the things he remembers and says. I love that boy! He is so sweet and yet he can be so insanely grouchy. Such is the life of a 2 1/2 year old.
Keaton LOVES preschool. That is where he wants to be all the time. He is learning to write his name, recognize his letter and number and learning about other things. He always comes home so excited to tell me all about what he did and what he learned. He is 4 going on 12. He will talk your ear off too. Lance and I realized that when we came home from our weekend in Utah last week.
Owen had decided not to sleep really anymore. He was so good and now he is up almost every 2 hours at night. I am losing sleep really fast and I find myself really impatient during the day. Is it time to let him cry it out? We have thought that many times. Maybe he is ready to be moved into the nursery upstairs. I guess I am still too lazy to climb my moutain of stairs more than once each night to help him. He is smiling like crazy. Giggling out of control, especially with Keaton and will make a friend no matter where he goes. The ladies in Relief Society fight over who gets to hold him. He has become a momma's boy, loves to be included in everything, is learning to sit on his own and is LOVING solid foods. We just introduced that to him this week. So far, he loves sweet potatoes.
We decorated the front of our home for Halloween/Thanksgiving. We love it! The boys love it. I will get a picture of it and post it. I love having a home all decked out this time of year. It makes my boys excited to be home and it makes the holidays seem even more real.
I caught Keaton and Andrew talking about what they are going to ask Santa Claus this year. Keaton wants a motorcycle and Andrew wants a train set. I think we can handle Andrews. Keaton's list gets more and more expensive each year. They make me laugh, the make me smile and they make me feel so lucky to be a mom!

1 comment:

Lesa Snyder said...

hey melissa...i think we we have john and carrie for christmas..at least that is what rashelle told us. you guys have eldon and shelli..hope all is well and we are excited to see you next week.
Love Lesa