December 13, 2009

What a weekend

There is so much to catch up on. I will make this one short and sweet with some pictures to show for it. We had a fun weekend with my in-laws that came into town. Lances' younger brother Eldon, his wife Shelli and their sweet little girl Chiara came for a visit. Eldon and Shelli are graduating from BYU and they are getting ready to go to Medical school. So they were coming up for a last visit before they leave. My boys were so excited. They love babies! They love Chiara! It was a very short weekend but we had lots of fun. We ate lots of food, played Blockus, watched Blue Collar Comedy clips and laughed really hard. We tried and tried to find a certain clip that Larry the Cable guy did about his sister and her moles but we couldn't find it. We will find it and send it to you Shelli. I am on the quest to find it.
We got lots of snow. It snowed all friday and Saturday leaving us with a few inches of snow. It is beautiful. I love snow! Most people I talk to hate it. I can honestly say I don't mind scraping the windshields, shoveling the driveway/walks. I enjoy it and it is so pretty. It is what makes it feel like Christmas.


The boys had a great time being pulled behind the truck on sleds. The neighbors came over and played with them too. My neice Chiara bundled up and went for a few rides. She was just so sweet. What a pleasant little girl. Thanks for sharing her with us Eldon and Shelli. They all came in for lunch and hot chocolate and then it was nap time. Shelli and I went shopping and took Keaton along with us since he has outgrown the nap stage. We went to Walmart. We wanted a slushy from the Blimpee store in there. I was fixing the lid on Keaton's when it exploded and got all over him and then myself. I stepped back only to run into the pop machine and pushing my elbow into the pepsi button and getting it all over my coat and soaking my shirt. What a way to begin a fun day shopping. We still had fun though.
We had to find Lance a shepard outfit for our Christmas party that night. So we found the uglyist fabric there was and bought it. Turned out to be a a great fit. Our ward christmas party was the best one I have ever attended. We have a ward that goes all out on decorating and putting on such a great event. The whole church was decorated like Jeruselam. From the lighting, the decorations to all the little shops that families could shop at, I felt like I was in Jeruselam.



We were each handed a bad of coins for our families. There were little stores in the market to buy fruit, breads, deserts and toys for the little kids. Then everyone congregated in the middle and up on the stage was a stable, where the Christ child was. Lances' cousin Chad and his wife Ginger just had their 3 little boy Dallas and they played the roles of Mary and Joseph and sweet little Dallas was the Christ child. It was a very tender program. My boys loved it. I loved it!
Now it is Sunday night. The boys are in bed and I am ready for bed. Ready to begin another busy week. We are counting down the 12 days of Christmas.
Thanks Eldon and Shelli for coming. We miss you guys already.

1 comment:

Shelli Snyder said...

Hey Lance and Melissa! Thanks so much for a fun weekend. You made us feel so welcome and loved. It was great to be a part of your lives for a few days. Hope your boys don't get sick from Chiara.