February 15, 2010

Dear Andrew,

Today I substituted in your Sunbeam class. Sister Perterson was out of town and she asked me to be the teach this Sunday. I said yes because who really turns down a call like that? Ok some people do but this momma doesn't. I didn't think it would be a problem and that you would love having me in there. I guess I wsa dead wrong.
So my sweet Andrew, while I was sitting in singing time trying to keep all the kids in their seats, with their hands to themselves and to keep them from bugging each other, you sneaked behind me to sit with your good friend Caleb. Now I ususally wouldn't mind it if you were going to sit still and be reverent. But were you? NO! You were one of the worst ones, sad to say. You were talking out of turn, hiting the girls behind you and laying all over the floor. I felt kind of embarrased because I thought we were doing well, but being in there with you has opened my eyes and there are a few things we need to work on. I do not know if I am overreacting, or this is how the typical 3 yr. old acts, but I was saddened watching you behave so badly. Its a good thing you can't read because you would think ill of me for saying all of this, I am sorry. I still love you more than you know.
Then we finally headed for class. You were the first one out the door and then when we reached our classroom you were no where to be found. I finally found you tryign to go outside. It is a good thing I caught you because you would have been outside and no one would have known it.
Since it was Valentines Day I decided to bring some fruit snacks to share with those who were being reverant and you wanted all of them to yourselves and didn't want to share. This was just the begining. Then you hit Carter because he hit you and you started screaming. So that is when dad stepped in and took you to Young Men's because I had 7 other children I had to teach and you just weren't helping me at all.
Is this just the typical boy at age 3? Or does my boy have something that needs to be looked at?
You never really had the terrible two stage, maybe 3 is the new terrible two?
Now I know what we need to work on. It may take us quite awhile but we will get there. Thanks for being patient. I am trying to too. If you are willing to work with me then we can do this! I love you! I know that being the middle child must be hard. I am starting to notice that you are doing more and more for attention. Maybe I need to focus more on you.

I love you,
Momma

1 comment:

Karen Melander said...

Its not the terrible 2's for me, its the terrible 3's. Jake just turned 3 and he is my HARD child right now. I taught sunbeams when Carter was in there and he was terrible. I dont know why they asked the kids' parents to teach their classes? Hang in there, I think its just the age!!!