May 17, 2010

Our new roomies

How are we doing? Well we are doing really well actually. Lance's brother John and his wife Carrie moved in with us about a week ago. We have been loving it. They must have brought the Arizona sun with them too because we have been enjoying lots of sun and very warm days. We are LOVING it! John has been working with Lance. They are really enjoying working side by side. John is learing the ropes and he mentioned that it felt good to be out doing physical work. With that physical work, it makes for some very hungry guys. But that is just fine with us.
I am really enjoying my time getting to know Carrie. She is such a sweetheart. I didn't really know her before so it is nice to get to have her all to myself during the day. John and Carried are expecting their first baby boy on June 25th. So yes, we are going to have a newborn in our home again. I can't wait. I love babies, and the best part is, I won't have sleepless nights either. Although I am sure I will be dying to help out. I remember all the amazing help we have had with each one of our babies. I can't wait to step in to help when help is needed.
Today we went shopping and bought her bedding. It really cute. Then this afternoon we went up to their room and set the crib up so she could put it all one. I think she was really excited about that. Tomorrow it is more shopping to get her all ready for her delivery. Then on June 5th we have having really big baby shower for her here at my home. That should really be helpful.
My boys love the company. Keaton wakes up each morning to see if they are still here. Owen is really warming up to them. He lets them help them out and hold him and that has been helpful.

The weather has been amazing. We haven't seen warm temperatures like this since last summer. We are outside literally all day long. All my windows are open, the fans going and I love waking up each morning and opening my back patio doors open to hear the waterfall. It has been heaven. Mornings we have eaten outside, lunches on the patio furniture and the evenings for great walks.

We have been very blessed having them in our home. I am so glad that we were able to help them out. I have felt the reassurance that what we are doing will benefit both them and us.

To all of our family in Arizona, feel free to come and visit us anytime. We love company. We are sorry that we stole some of them away from you but we are recruiting more and more.

We love you! Have a great week.

1 comment:

The Kynastons said...

Warm weather is such a blessing! Reading about you eating outside makes me really want to get some patio furniture so we can do the same thing. Glad you guys are doing well!