July 1, 2010

1997

That was the year I graduated from high school.  I was the second graduating class from the new Eagle High.  I really enjoyed my junior and senior years there.  I made some incredible friends and had a fantastic senior year in the Student Council.
Growing up I had two best friends, Suzanne Kynaston and Tami Perkins.  Whereever one was the others were around close.  My family moved out to Eagle when I was 13 years old.  We moved from Meridian, which was considered the city to Eagle, which was hickville.  My grandfather had recently passed away and my grandmother gave 2 acres to my parents and so they built out there to be closer to her.  It was a fun move.  I don't remember having any difficulty with it.
(Tami Perkins at left, me in the middle and Suzanne to my right)
Suzanne and I were in the same ward and we did everything together.  We took tuns sleeping over at each other's home. Ran around with all the boys together (which by the way, we had an amazing group of guy friends). We laughed until we peed our pants and we just had so many fun times together.  When Eagle High was built I met Tami Perkins. She came from Centennial high just like Suzanne and that is how I met her.   We were always running around non-stop the three of us.  Ask anyone of these girls and a huge smile will come across our faces. 
When I left for collage I was so scared that we would drift apart.  Well that wasn't the case.  Tami was the first to get married.  Then Suzanne followed.  I was not.  I dated and dated and had serious relationships but nothing was looking to bright.  I graduated from Ricks Collage and there was nothing planned.  That is when I decided to serve a mission.  I am so glad I did because it was one of the best decisions of my life.\
Things are different now.  We are all living in different states and married/family life takes us all down a different road.  I still keep in touch with Suzanne.  She has 4 sweet children and living in Utah and Tami.  Well I don't know where she is.  Last I heard she was in Texas and had 3 girls.  I hope that she is doing well.  I had the most amazing friends.  I had a fun time growing up!  So Suzanne or Tami if you are out there,  I hope you know how much I love you!   Thanks for the good ole days!

No comments: