May 1, 2011

Sunday afternoon

Since Grandma was out of town this weekend, our Sunday dinner was moved to Justin's house.  Since the weather was BEAUTIFUL today we decided to have a picnic outside.  Everyone came over and we had a great time.  Everyone chipped in and brought something and it was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  My brother had a huge backyard, so that gave all the kids plenty of room to run around and play games.  My dad played quite abit with the boys and they really loved that.  They love those who will get down on their level and play with them. I mean really play with them.  They know the difference now.  A special thanks to all of those who made them feel special today.  It was so nice to feel the sun on my skin and to actually feel warm being outside.  I hope it will last through the week.
Lance BBQ'd on our grill that we brought over to Justin's.  We had everything, you name it.  It was great food and there was great company.  We just layed out the blankets and parked and visited one with another.  Thanks Justin for letting us come and crash at your place.  It was a nice change.
I love this picture of my son Owen and my dad.  Owen loves his grandpa!  He loves wrestling with him and just being with him. I thought it was so much fun to watch them interact with each other.  Thanks Grandpa for loving him so much!!!!

Owen and Chiara can get a long most of the time.  Today they did pretty well except for a few times when they wanted the same toy.  They were so entertained playing in this flower pot with Boche Balls that I just had to capture them getting along.  Aren't they so sweet?

Can I just say how grateful I am for the sun?  It has been a while since I have felt its warmth on my face.  I am getting excited for summer that is just around the corner.  I hope so anyways.  Here's to a nice Sunday afternoon.

No comments: