May 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Lance

Lance was born on Mother's day 33 years ago. His mom said it was the best Mother's day gift she had ever had.  He was the first boy after having 3 girls.  They were really happy to have a son.  Since it was Mother's day too we put it all together.  So what do you do when your birthday falls on a holiday?  Good question, we are still trying to figure that out.  Lance made me breakfast this morning, watched Ellie 2nd and 3rd hour of church, and then what?  We went to my parent's house for dinner and my mom made a great pie for his birthday dessert.  I think he really liked that. My boys like it and it went fast.  Thanks mom!
So instead of giving Lance something really nice for his birthday, I took the boys out shopping yesterday and I had picked out a few fun things, then they told me that it was boring and that we needed to go somewhere fun to get dad a GOOD birthday present.  So we went to another store and they found what Lance has always wanted, glow in the dark chalk and a slip n' slide.  I think he was pretty surprised when he opened it :).  Thanks boys for knowing just what dad needed.
Happy Birthday Lance! We love you!

No comments: