August 21, 2012

The Western Idaho Fair

Ever since we moved back to Idaho Lance and I have started the tradition to go to the Western Idaho Fair with our children on family night. Every year they declare Monday night, Family night at the fair. There is no smoking nor drinking allowed. It is the perfect time to go. Besides all the extremely bizarre things you might see, it is the night to take kids. Plus the entire stake is there for their family night as well.  This year was no different. We had a BLAST!!!! Since my mom is not one for crowds and fairs she was willing to stay behind with Ellie and put her down for bed and stay with her. Thanks mom!!!! That was a huge help!
So we loaded the boys up and we met up with my sister Rachel and her two girls and my dad came along as well. He always does and spoils them every year.  We bought endless ride wristbands for the kids. We found that out the hard way. It is much easier to pay the price for the band which allows them to ride endless rides for the entire time you are there. So Keaton, Andrew and Ava got their wristbands. We didn't get one for Owen or Olivia because we didn't think they would be into the rides as much. Well we guessed wrong. They LOVED it as well and rode a ton of rides. Next year for sure.
We had a great time! The food was great. We ate way too much but it was so good and you only get that kind of fat, greasy food one time a year so it was really worth it! We found a clown who made all the kids their item upon request. They loved that. We saw so many people we knew. The rides were a lot of fun. My poor neice Ava was alittle tramatized by a few of the rides. I couldn't help but laugh. It was too funny not to. If you didn't know that she was scared you would have thought she was just screaming for the run ride. You could just see it on her face once the rides started. My sister had to video tape it because it was so funny. Poor girl, next year will be better for her. We had a really late night. We didn't get home until 9:30 and the boys were wiped out. They slept really well. A big thanks to everyone who went with us. It was so much fun. I told Lance we needed to go back for a date night just the two of us and ride on some of the rides.
One thing about the fair, you see the strangest things and people. The carnies were entertaining to watch. If you know me, I love to watch people. I am fascinated by them.  There are a lot of strange people in this world and the fair attracts them all. I guess you could say we are those people too.








1 comment:

Justin and JoLyn said...

What fun pictures. Your kids are getting so big. P.S. If I ever get myself a cool camera, I'm calling you to find out what kind you have--because your photos are AWESOME!