August 19, 2012

Ward camp out

Ever since I can remember our ward, or whatever ward we have been in has always had an annual ward campout. This past weekend was it.  I LOVE to camp, just not with kids. Small kids that is.  Lance was the only member of the bishopric that could go up on Friday night so he loaded up the truck and the 4-wheeler, along with Keaton and Andrew and headed up to Triangle Park right by Black Canyon Lake.  I was alittle bumned that I couldn't make it. They had a great time! The slept in a tent again. Had some fun friends and just played like crazy.  Saturday morning they went on a boat ride, which Andrew said was the highlight of the campout for him.
I stayed behind with Owen and Ellie. We didn't do much.  Some would say it was a vacation for me too but oh no, there is no vacation involved when it involves my two youngest.  They are my two busy bodies. There was no slow time with them.  But when they both went to bed at 7:30 it was heaven from then on.
So glad that my boys had a good time camping again. Maybe next year will be better and I will brave it with my younger two.

No comments: